Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Themes, colors, and inspiration boards...oh my!

As you can probably tell from my post about selecting a venue, I had a lot of ideas about how I envisioned my wedding. I also love making inspiration boards, so in today's post, prepare to take  journey through the various incarnations of my wedding "theme" and colors.

Before getting engaged, I was convinced I was going to have some sort of Christmas theme. Think centerpieces with mountains of ornaments. Not cheesy...classy and glitzy. I went to a friend's work holiday party at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in NYC (probably the nicest event I've ever been to in my life) and it had the most beautiful decorations ever! So this appears to be the only picture evidence I have:



I think I was too busy enjoying the butler passed hor d'oeuvres, cranberry mojitos, and international action stations (they had a group of  people hand-rolling sushi!).

When I was planning on having our reception in the Animal Kingdom, I embraced a "Vintage Travel" theme of plums, greens, and turquoise:

Since we are no longer having a theme park reception, I nixed this theme. However I still LOVE it and I may get to use some of these elements after all. We are having our rehearsal dinner at Tamu Tamu Courtyard (the location in the collage above). I might be more excited for the rehearsal dinner than the actual reception!

My next color scheme focused on purple and turquoise with an eclectic feel:

I then "refined" my theme a bit more to "Vintage Boardwalk" given the themeing of our reception venue:

Recently, however, I've decided to go more modern than vintage. And I thought the purple and turquoise were both too bold and I wanted something to compliment the purple rather than compete with it. I decided to have 3 different shades of purple, a very light green, and silver as my wedding color palette. That's right...now I have a whole palette.

I'm also attempting for a look that is somewhere between modern and retro. We'll see how that works out.



3 comments:

  1. I love to see how your "palette" has evolved, Wendy! Your end result is definitely beautiful! (I wish the pictures were a liiiiiiiiiittle bit bigger ... ;D )

    What do you use to make your inspiration boards? I have been using Weddingwire.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture size has been adjusted :)

    I make my boards in photoshop! If there is some sort of pre-existing software that is easier to use, I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool to see how your theme has evolved. I kinda wish you were having 7 weddings so I could see how all the themes play out. ;)

    ReplyDelete