Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Site Visit - Part 1

Did I mention that all that hemming and hawing over venue selection was done from thousands of miles away and based entirely off pictures I found on the internet? Sure, I had seen Sea Breeze Point in person before, but had never actually stepped foot inside of it or our newly chosen reception venue. The last time we were in Disney, I also wasn't scoping out the in-park locations as potential rehearsal dinner or welcome party event spaces.

To my amazement, shortly after getting engaged and choosing Disney as our wedding site, my parents proposed taking a trip there to meet with the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (referred to as DFTW from here on out) team and to do a site visit of our venues! Well sign me up! I'll take any excuse to go to Disney. The fact that this trip would fall during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival made it an even sweeter deal.
The only downside? Mr. Disney Bride has limited vacation time, so it would just be me and my parents. No biggie!
I called up the DFTW office as soon as I had our vacation dates planned (which just happened to coincide with the same week we were looking to get married 2 years later). Now, here is some important information for you uber planners out there who have 2 years (or more) until the big day. Good luck. The first time I called DFTW, I was told to call back at my 16 month mark and basically cut off completely. I was a little confused and deflated after that initial call. I tried back, this time telling them that I was going to be in Disney with my parents on these dates, and that I wasn't sure if we'd be able to come down again and do a site visit before it came time to choose our locations, so we wanted to do a tour. Now, this wasn't a whole truth on my part - Greg and I were going to be in Disney World for a short time a few months later in February, but my parents would not be with us and this whole thing was their idea! She begrudgingly took my information and told me a consultant would call me back in a few days.

Sure enough, I got a call from my consultant Joe a few days later, and he couldn't have been more helpful. We set up our appointment to meet at Franck's (Yes Fraaanck...aptly named after one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies of all time, Father of the Bride).

Coming up in Part 2: Site visit day is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment