Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Beatles Bride

Mindy from Budget Fairy Tale shared a Beatles inspired wedding from Green Wedding Shoes on her Friday Favorites. I LOVE the Beatles and since our wedding has shifted to a more 60s themed bash, I'm loving all the inspiration.

Also, the bride's reception dress is one of my rehearsal dinner dress rejects. I still love the dress, so I'm hoping with some alterations it might make a good bridal shower dress. It photographs well!


I'm also extremely jealous of the Beatles cover band at their reception. I desperately wanted "The British Invasion" to play at ours until I found out that the fee was something crazy high like $10,000 for a few hours. I'm still bitter that they no longer play in Epcot and I don't know that I'll head over to watch the new band perform anytime soon. My live band dreams have flown out the window since we can't bring in outside entertainment vendors to our venue and all of Disney's bands start around $7,000. Ouch! I can live vicariously through this bride and her Beatles band though....and our DJ will be playing plenty of Beatles songs throughout the night!

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds wonderful, Wendy! The cover band would have been cool but not for that price, ouch! Maybe you could have 4 male friends put on wigs and lipsync? ;) I didn't realize you had switched to a 60's theme. I love it; reminds me of Mad Men. I would love to have a Mad Men themed bridal shower. :)

    ReplyDelete