Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My name is Miss Disney Bride and I have an addiction to buying dresses

I haven't gotten into my wedding dress shopping story yet, but since I literally spent hours trying to track down an elusive dress, I thought it was time to make a confession...I have a wee bit of a shopping problem.

Our rehearsal dinner is going to be epic. I might be more excited for it than the reception. Here is a sneak peak at our rehearsal dinner venue.

Eeek! I lovveee it! So for such a fabulous venue I need an equally fabulous dress! I'm all about the white/ivory rehearsal dinner dress. No color for me! I'm going to wear as much white/ivory as I can at all wedding related events. 

The first dress I purchased was an impulse buy from Haute Look. I figured I could wear it to the RD or bachelorette party.
 
But when I got it that fluffy stuff on the shoulder was a little too distracting and the dress was more pink than white.

I then moved on to something a little more classy and romantic:

I loved this dress on the pictures of the models, but it just wasn't fitting me right. It was too long and too wide and the black ribbon at the waist was higher than my actual waist. Also, the lining on the dress was sheer and you could see even nude undergarments underneath it. I really, really wanted to love this dress. But I just didn't feel like I looked my best in it.

So I went from a demure dress, to something a little more flashy.
The dress was on backorder when I first ordered it, so I had to wait a few weeks before I got it in. This was another dress that I liked in theory. In real life...the waistband was too high and the bottom was too fluffy and made me look much larger than I am. I'd also be shedding feathers all night. Back to the store it goes.

I decided to change gears and maybe go for something flowy and ethereal...like J. Crew's Arabelle dress...until I found the dress.

You may have seen this wedding posted on Style Me Pretty.
So freakin cute! Image via Style Me Pretty


The down side? This dress is from several seasons ago a no longer available. Hence my several hour long search to find her. I checked every wedding classifieds site and used wedding dress site. I finally found one on ebay...2 sizes larger than what I normally wear. I decided to take a chance and order it, and will have it altered by a seamstress.

I hope I love it as much in person..because this one is not returnable!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, you are so funny! I love the last dress you ordered. You perfectly described why I stopped buying clothes online - they never fit the way I hoped. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete